Friday, April 30, 2010

Maybe she's born with it; Maybe it's not worth it if she isn't!

The more I think about it, the more I realize I HATE makeup.

Seriously, I just wish I could spend a few minutes with the person who decided women should wear make up on a daily basis, or even at all for that matter! Does it make some people look better? Yes. But we wouldn't know what we were missing if someone had never invented it. I really just feel makeup and the whole makeup process is flawed.

1. We pay for bottles or gunk to cover our pimples. This gunk occasionally gets clogged in pores which causes pimples. So why not avoid the whole thing to begin with?!
2. Again, we PAY for this stuff to make us look 'pretty'. But most of the time, whatever it is we want to get 'pretty' for, isn't right outside of our bathroom mirror. So by the time we get to whatever it is requiring makeup, it doesn't even look the same as it did to begin with.
3. The same makeup we spend time putting on has to come off of our face before we go to bed. So we spend time and money to put makeup on our face that in just a few hours has to be washed off!

It is so frustrating to me!!!! I think the reason it is so frustrating to me is because I can't seem to make myself quit wearing it. As much as I complain about it, you would think I wouldn't wear it. But I do! Mostly because everytime I say to myself, "Self, we are through! No more wearing makeup!", I see some gorgeous, makeup wearing, woman walk by making me want to hide my face. It's a terrible cycle!

I am also fully aware of the fact there are some women who LOVE makeup. I know they love everything about it. But they can write about how much they love it on their blog, and I will write this on mine. :)

3 comments:

  1. I used to love makeup when i was younger. Now i dread having to put it on in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't decide which I dread more, putting it on or taking it off...

    ReplyDelete

My Kaylea

My Kaylea