Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter

I can't believe it has been almost a week, and I haven't written about my Easter!It was so busy, but so wonderful!

It was such a beautiful day! As I look back on the whole day now, I'm overwhelmed by the presence of God in my life. Not only do I attend a wonderful church, but I have a wonderful church family who I love to worship with. Not only was I able to worship with my family in one service, but I was lucky enough to worship with my family in all three services. It was such a wonderful day, with a wonderful family, worshipping a wonderful God!

And after church, I hosted my very first holiday family meal! It was so good! There were eleven people at our house. Everyone from my side of the family was here. My sisters (and my older sister's boyfriend), my niece, my parents, and my grandparents joined me, my husband, and our nephew for lunch! I was so excited to get to cook for everyone. Recently, I have discovered I love to cook, and I felt Easter would be a wonderful time for me to share all my new favorite recipes! We had grilled chicken, some plain ( and by plain I mean Jeffy mixed seasonings to marinate them in) and some bbq ( I make my own bbq sauce, and I must say it is very good!). We also had sausage grilled in bbq sauce, ranch roasted potatoes, creamy brocolli and cheese, macaroni and cheese for KayKay, and rolls. For dessert, I made blueberry cheesecake bars, lemonade pie, and my mom brought a pineapple upside down cake. If success from a dinner is measured by how many people left the table groaning because they ate too much, my first holiday meal was a definite success!

It was such a wonderful day! I hope all of you had a wonderful easter as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Kaylea

My Kaylea