Sunday, December 12, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas

I can't believe it is already this time of year again! I know they say the older you get the faster time goes, and I guess they are right. We leave in less than one week for our Christmas week in Louisiana! I can't believe it!

We have already had our church Christmas program. Our tree has been up for close to a month, and now there are presents piled under and around it. And on top of all that, it has been so COLD! The colder it gets, the more it feels like Christmas. There was even a little snow on the ground this morning as I drove to church. The beautiful lights are up everywhere so as soon as the sun goes down, everything looks magical as all the lights twinkle.

I've always loved this time of year. I love everything about it. I love the music. I love the red cups at Starbucks. I love buying gifts. I love wrapping gifts. I love spending time with friends and family. I love everything being decorated. I love the optimisim in everyone this time of year.

Although I love Christmas and all it brings, I find myself less excited about the holiday this year. Don't get me wrong, I am excited for Christmas and time with the family. However, I find myself more excited about the little girl dwelling in my belly. Even though it is Christmas time, my thoughts a less consumed with jingling bells, winter wonderlands, and reindeer and a lot more consumed with Kendall Marie. I long for the day when I finally get to hold my sweet little girl in my arms. I can't wait to see the gleam in her daddy's eyes when he gets to hold the little fingers he is already so tightly wound around.

I'm excited for Christmas, but not matter how much I sound like Scrooge when I say this: I'm even more excited for Christmas to be over. For when Christmas is over, I will be a few days closer to meeting our sweet Kendall Marie Welch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Kaylea

My Kaylea