Monday, December 27, 2010

Don't Blink

It feels like the last post I wrote was just yesterday. But if I believed what I felt, I would be very wrong. Since the last post, we made our trip down to Louisiana, saw a beautiful friend from High School, had our Christmas with my husband's family, came home, had Christmas with my family, and now it is all over.

When I was younger my mawmaw would tell me the older you get, the faster time goes by. It was always just something she said to me until a few years ago. Now it seems by the time I get a grip on whatever season it is, it's over. And I have a sneaky little feeling once our precious Kendall gets here, it will only speed up more!

We had such a great time in Louisiana! There is never a dull moment when we are down there! Jeff has one niece and six nephews. With those boys, there is always something going on. But we enjoy it! Not only do we enjoy the kids, but I love spending time with Jeff's sister and brother and sister-in-law. And is if all of them aren't good enough, we get to stay with his amazing parents! And beyond the good company, there is also soo much good food! I am so lucky to have married into the wonderful family I did! There are no words to describe just how great they all are!

The youngest of all the nephews is Mason, who is four. Just saying he is a funny kid doesn't even begin to describe this precious kid! The first night I saw him, he pointed to my belly and said, "Is the baby in that thing?" It took all I had to keep a straight face just so I could answer him. After he realized the baby was in fact in my belly, he proceeded to tell me how the doctor would get the baby out of me.
"That doctor is gonna get a knife, and cut you open, and pull that baby out!!"
Precious! I so desperately wanted to say "I sure hope not!", but I didn't want his momma to have to explain how else the baby would get out. Then later at dinner, he asked what we were going to name the baby. After someone answered him, I heard him say, "What's a Kendall?" Then a few minutes later, I heard him repeating to someone else, "That doctor is gonna get a knife and cut aunt Jennifer open, pull the baby out and wash it and give it to her!" He was so funny!

I just can't wait to see how all the boys react to having a girl cousin around!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Kaylea

My Kaylea